Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduation Invite

Happy Easter Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holy Week and Blessed Easter. My family and I certainly take great comfort in knowing that our Redeemer lives (also a really great hymn :)). During this time in the Church year, I reflect on the death of my Savior and what He sacrificed for me...I am truly humbled. I also ponder the concept of death and my own relationship with the event. In 2003 I was told I had 3 months to live.  I remember during the worst of my treatments praying that His strength would guide me down which ever path was necessary....WOW, look how far He has led me so far...Thank You.

I bring this up in the blog as a way of introducing the importance to me of the cards I created this week. You see, my daughter, Carly, graduates from high school in June and that is a celebration in her life that I thought I would not be on this earth to witness. While she prepares for her transition to college, organizes prom festivities, and practices for the ceremony itself, to her it is the most natural and expected thing in life. However, for me it is not that simple or an entitlement as her parent. For me, every step I get to observe in the process is a celebration of thanksgiving, joy, and excitement. For me, it is one more sacrifice God made.  For me, it is about being able to watch it all unfold. For me, it is the gift of continued life on earth..a gift I will not take for granted.

May all of your days be filled with awe and wonder at the creations around you and Easter blessings throughout the year.
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment