Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Welcome to my weekly blog! I waited until today to write because I wanted to try something new…. Creating a blog with more than one picture… so I needed to practice. Thanks for your patience.

Good fathers are such a wonderful gift which should be celebrated. Thank goodness there is a special day just for them. I have been truly blessed many times over… While my father was alive, he was a tremendous font of love, support, and compassion and every day I find myself reflecting some element of his care.
My father-in-law is also an amazing man who unselfishly helped raise his brothers and sisters, then his own family, and now shares his ideals with his grandchildren. It is a joy to watch my husband, truly the best of fathers, incorporate his wisdom and compassion with our children and grand children. When I look back on how these three pillars reflect the foundation of our family, I am awed and inspired.
For my husband, who has really gotten into gardening this year, I created this wood grain frame card. The wood grain piece was made by taking a yellow piece of card stock, embossing lines, and then rubbing brown ink directly from the pad onto the paper. I then cut out an oval center and stamped on the white card based.

My father-in-law is a great outdoorsman so I made this sailing card to reflect peaceful waters and tranquility. I sponged on various colors of ink to create the sky and water using post it notes to mask off areas for the land and horizon. The sail boat was stamped once on the card itself and then stamped again on another piece of cardstock, colored, cut out, and then glued over the first stamp to create depth. Grass was then stamped onto the base.
A BIG thank you to father’s every where! Have a great week. Jeannette

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words and for sharing the beautiful cards. Your family, and your best friend, are very lucky that you are in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't even know you made the wood grain paper! I thought the paper came like that. You're so talented!
    -Carly

    ReplyDelete