Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Early Valentines Greeting

Wow, where did January go? It must have slipped by while I was trying to juggle being cold, fighting colds, watching snow, sloshing through snow, children home on snow days, and a dog pulling me through the snow. So as February arrives, I am going to focus on family, warm hearts, lovely greetings, dark chocolate, and wishful Valentines. In keeping with that idea, I made this special Valentine greeting for my sister, Shirley (Cookie), who also happens to have a February birthday.... Happy Birthday Sis!! Notice that the color focus is not the traditional Red but rather Breast Cancer Pink.

Family is very important to all of us but they take on extra special burdons when Cancer strikes. Sending a warm Valentine greeting to our special support members is a nice way to express gratitude. Each person in the family may play a variety of roles during the Cancer adventure unique to the dynamics of the family, geographic distance, and the needs of the survivor. Every contribution is sincerely appreciated. As an example, some of the things my sister did for me was research, set up possible treatment alternative locations, actively participated in Walks, Runs, and Awareness events in her area in my honor, sent packages/greetings, and started one of my most active prayer chains (in my mind a very critical survival tool :)). However, whether she realizes it or not, the best gift I received from her was knowing my journey, no matter how yukky, encouraged her to take better care of her own breast health as well as sharing awareness with others. Thanks Cookie!!! Let's continue to spread the word of awareness, early detection, and treatment/survivor options together!

More Valentines to come.... Blessings, Jeannette
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Howdy and thank you for the wonderful cards and birthday wishes, dear sister! What our brave blogger, Dr. Jones, failed to mention is that supporters also feel a large dose of guilt! When our sister or anywone we know gets harmed in some way, chosen or afflicted by something we cannot control, we look to ourselves and ask why? We ask God what is the message? We should always keep in mind that the message may not be for you but your way of coping is a message to all. Stamp to Cope, Inc., is a vehicle for anyone going through the coping process to help relieve stress while creating something beautiful. My beautiful sister, words will never begin to express how proud I am of you and YOU are an inspiration to everyone you meet! I Love You, Candy! Thanks for changing the world for the better! Love, Cookie

    ReplyDelete