Friday, February 25, 2011

Hearts and Mouse

Happy Friday!  For my final post as part of the new stamp introduction, the projects used the Cascading Hearts, LoveU, Thank You, and Mouse stamps. Hearts are timeless and we are still in February :). I stamped the Cascading Heart stamp 3 times using pink ink and red ink.  I then embossed the squares, inked around the edges with light green, and glued them onto printed paper.  The bow was a rescue from a Christmas candy cane.  A fun and quick card to make and receive.

For the Mouse card, I used a bleaching technique.  I stamped the Mouse using VersaMark ink onto black paper.  I then used white embossing powder so it would stand out.  Using a little bleach on a small paint brush, I covered the Mouse's body to lighten it to match the gray diamonds on the patterned paper. The surprise with using the bleaching technique on colored card stock is discovering what shade the paper will turn. The technique is really cool on Fall cards when painting in leaves or pumpkins.

I have certainly enjoyed sharing our new stamp set, techniques, and ideas this week.  Thank you for following along.  If you are a Breast Cancer Survivor or a supporter interested in finding out more about our mission, please contact me at info@stamptocope.org. Have a safe and wonderful weekend. 
Blessings, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment