Tuesday, March 10, 2015

February Frantic into March Madness

Hello Bloggers!

Wow, what a snowy and travel intense time it has been for many of us. I hope things are finally starting to look like Spring in your world. I chose the post title "February Frantic into March Madness" because it seemed to mirror my perception of my own life since my last post.  I was also hoping to trick some of you sports fans into reading my blog thinking it would have something to do with basketball ;).  (Ok, all you readers who really KNOW me, you can quit laughing now and get up off the floor!)

While I truly have not had time to post until now, I have definitely not been idle in my passion and sharing about Stamp to Cope and my belief that ART HEALS!  Instead, I have been focusing on expanding our art offerings, networking connections, and healing art packages. Based on feedback from our long time followers, I have also been working intensively with new product testing and technique mastery with the intent to add a more advanced skill set of activities. Look for future posts to cover many of my discoveries.  The images for this post will provide a little window into the evolution.

The card above was so different from my usual and so very much fun.  I took making an "interactive card" to a totally unique level. Using Gelatos, I colored the color spectrum on white card stock. (How many of you remember ROY G BIV from science classes) Since Gelatos are water based, they will dissolve when the wet brush makes contact.  By cutting out little ovals of each color I was able to make a set of water color paints.  The focal image was stamped on watercolor paper using solvent ink so it will not smear when the recipient begins to paint.  The image is tacked on with repositionable pop-up tape so it can be removed to paint and a sentiment is hidden underneath so the card still expresses a greeting after the "painting" has been removed.  When you open the card, a surprise awaits....
 AN EASEL...too fun! I made the easels out of pumpkin colored card stock and they fold down and fit into a pocket element on the inside of the card.

Now, here is a look at a few of the technique and product mixed media items I have been creating.  Great ideas already in the works for how to transition my findings into cards.  I look forward to your feedback.

Artful Words, Graphite, Alcohol Markers, and Watercolor
Collage, Graphite, and Acrylic Paints
Acrylic, Watercolor, Colored Pencils, India Ink Market, Collage

One final fun smile type project... Paper Dolls of influential women in my life...there are way more than 4 but here is my start :)  Thanks for stopping by and I hope this post inspires you to create something today! Stay safe and warm.  Blessings,
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment