Monday, July 4, 2016

STC Summertime!!!

Hello All!

Happy Summer! I am taking a quick break from a crazy travel schedule to send out creative vibes and well wishes to all for a fabulous summer.  We have been very busy here at Stamp To Cope, Inc. so let me catch everyone up....

1. Flamingo Frenzy - As you can see from the card above, I started my summer on a Flamingo Frenzy.  Flamingos are so fun and their pink plumage definitely matches the STC logo. :). This stamp was part of a Fun Stampers Journey set that inspired me to celebrate summer. After stamping the flamingo on white card stock, I colored and then fussy cut. I die cut a circle out of the center of another white piece of card stock and than glued the scraps (the negative pieces) from a scallop die behind to make the waves. It is always great when getting to use scraps from previous projects.  The sequence was just for fun and to give it a little sparkle. Here are two more.....
The "birthday" flamingos represent the same stamp used multiple times, two flower stamps that I fussy cut, and sequence for the flower centers. The image panel was mounted on a dark pink piece or card stock and then added to a light pink card base.

For the "stand tall" card, I stamped leaves onto green card stock, a palm tree trunk stamped onto brown card stock, and a sun cut from yellow card stock. The pink photo frame is a die to mimic a Polaroid (for all of you old enough to know what that means :)) Just a few fun ways to celebrate summertime.

2. Relay for Life contribution - I am very excited to report that STC was a sponsor for the Roscommon County June 25 Relay for Life event. We provided over 80 "princess bags" to survivors who participated in the festivities. What a wonderful way to support continued awareness and education. We are currently scheduling an STC workshop event for August 2016.

3.  STC created and donated over 100 card box sets to nursing homes in Madison County. This is just one way our survivors feel they can give back to their communities.

4. Berea Festival of Learnshops this month!  This is the main fundraising event for STC. I conduct 4 workshops (2 mixed-media journaling and 2 colored pencil and alcohol makers) during this annual event and all of my proceeds go directly to STC. So far, I have 24 total students signed up! This is 6 more than last year! We are truly blessed! It is not too late to sign up so check out the link above for more details...just search for my sessions.

5. A HUGE shout out to the Business Babes Society of Madison County for using our survivor cards, passing on survivor contacts, and inviting me to present at their October 2016 meeting!

Hope this summary gives a helpful glimpse into the summer antics here at STC. We could not do so much without the continued love and support you all send our way!  Thanks!

Love and blessings,
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment