Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Guiding Light

Greetings Blog Readers!

Thank you for your patience while I finished out Survivor activities during our special month. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who sent support, prayers, donations, love, and volunteer hours our way. You are all Guiding Lights and your dedication/inspiration is so very much appreciated.  Here is a little something to show we are blessed!

If the cold weather, holiday sale advertisements, and houses already displaying Christmas decorations are any indication, the Fall is over. However, I refuse to give in just yet!  So even though I have already made some super cool party invitations, sent out hand made Thanksgiving reminders, and begun coloring images for my Christmas cards, this post remains focused on the still present beauty of autumn.

Last post (if you can remember that long ago :0), I shared a water color technique using an embossed image.  I am still fascinated by water coloring on cards but I didn't really feel the embossed line technique gave the "fine art" look I was trying to achieve. I pulled out a new Fun Stampers Journey light house stamp to make a Thank you card and tried something different. Using warm fall colors of distress markers, I colored individual sections of the stamp to align with an autumn day and stamped the image on a piece of water color paper. Water based markers will react to water even after they have dried so I went over the lines of the image with a water damp paint brush to move the color enough for shading and highlights.  I loved the results! I hope you will give this technique a try and share your results.

Have a blessed week!
Jeannette


No comments:

Post a Comment