Monday, January 13, 2014

Resolution Journal

Happy 2014 Everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a joyous holiday and thanks for returning to the STC blog for another year!

As we enter the new year, many people create resolutions...I, usually, am not one of them. My perspective, especially as it relates to Survivorship, is "resolve to be the best you can everyday"! Therefore, for me, deciding that at the beginning of a year to embrace enhancements instead of embracing growth everyday, somehow, makes me feel ungrateful for this second chance.

However, over the Christmas break, while in my ultra creative mode, I came across several vlogs, encouraging Art Journalling.  I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised with the impact it had on my perspective and creative flow. It was a great way to test out techniques, make a mess, and expand my comfort zone. I was quite hooked. So, imagine my own surprise when I ..yes I.. made a resolution to keep an Art Journal for 2014.

A journal is usually quite a personal and private thing. But when my fellow survivor, mentor, and friend, Judy posted her beautiful art piece on Facebook today, I was inspired to share my creations.

 I look forward to this creative challenge throughout the year and hope you will consider trying an Art Journal option for yourself!

Blessings for a CREATIVE new year!!!
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment