Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gelli Swirl

Hello All!

Surprised to see me finally post?! Thanks for staying connected and waiting so patiently :).  As with many of you, my life has been very busy and quite hectic these last few weeks... not complaining. but it has impacted how often I post lately. However, I did not want another day to go by without being creative and sharing this latest project with you. Before I get to the project, a reminder that Breast Cancer Awareness Month is just around the corner and you can be assured I have been focusing on our BIG event.  Mark the date of October 19 at the Berea Arts Council for the Stamp to Cope Survivors Celebration.  Thanks to everyone who participated in our Power2Give matching funds event, we will be able to put on a first class event... it is going to be great crafty fun with project stations, snacks, giveaways, and technique tables.  Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the date.

Now, on to the project....

I wanted to share my continued fascination with the monoprinting technique. Using the Gelli Plate, I created this swirly background full of depth and color. Loving the mess and randomness...how does this work you ask? 
First, I inked up the gelli plate with acrylic paint spread around with a brayer. Then put a stencil on top and texturized around it with one of those shower fluffs (have no idea of the name but they usually come with bath sets at Christmas)
Once textured, I put a piece of white card stock on top of the whole things and used my hands to rub on the back of the paper to get the paint to lift from the plate to the paper. Once the paper is lifted, it has the print of the stencil.  BUT another really cool part is that the stencil is now full of paint on the underside so I turned it over and rubbed another piece of white card stock to get the opposite pattern.

Pretty cool isn't it..

  Word of warning...it is so addictive.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more exciting news from Stamp to Cope!  Have a great week.
Jeannette

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful. Absolutely love the colors. You are an inspiration to us all! Love, Cookie!

    ReplyDelete