Thursday, April 18, 2013

Be Still and Count the Waves

Hello everyone! My apologies for falling so behind in my posts these last few months. Both work and STC have been keeping me quite busy.  However, I just could not go another day without sharing some exciting updates.......

1. I was invited, on behalf of STC, to participate in the "Shaped by Water" art exhibit at The Gallery on Main in Richmond, KY in support of Kentucky River water awareness. I created two mixed media canvas pieces (8 x 10) depicting my love of the ocean.  The first is called "Be Still" and interprets one of my favorite versus.   The second (below) is called "Count the Waves" created with my mother in mind. All of you who know her will definitely understand :). Both pieces used various types of paper, paints, gelatos, inks, sand paper, stamps, and heat foam. What do you think?

2. A wonderful STC cardmaking workshop was conducted March 28  in conjunction with the Berea Arts Council.  Two STC volunteers came out to help..thanks Tammy and Kasondra. STC was able to raise $64.00 from the event. Great fun.

3. STC was added to the Kentucky based Pink Link network enabling us to communicate along side other Breast Cancer awareness organizations.

Finally, A huge shout out to a wonderful couple, Donna and Joel, who will be getting married on May 6th.  These two are so special and ultra creative so I did not think a traditional wedding card would do. Red roses  symbolize love to me so I tried my hand at water coloring this lovely stamped image that reflects two becoming one.  Many blessings my loves!!!!

That's it for now.  Lots of things coming our way so be on the look out and remember.. Sign up for some creative fun during Berea Learnshops.  See you, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment