Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just Because

Greetings and Happy New Year!  

The last months have been a busy time of card making and blogging with a focus on the holidays. While it is always fun and an anticipated expectation for creativity, for many there is a big let down once the new year begins. Most card makers want to quickly fill in the time gap and immediately move on to Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, or even Easter.  

For me, however, there is an opposite impact.  During the holidays the focus seems to be on creating in bulk,  figuring out how to improve on what was made last year, or trying to compete with all the store bought cards that circulate. Sometimes, what ends up being sent was not exactly what was envisioned but needs to get done just to keep up with the pace of the festivities. I do love making holiday cards and all my heart goes into the message, but I always second guess the final product.  Now I can relax and go back to what I enjoy the most.... cards that send an uplift "just because" the recipient is in my heart.  

Have a wonderful week.
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment