Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So Much To Share

Wow, May 1 already! Where did the time go? So much has happened since my last post so please just smile if I begin to ramble :)....

Let's start with a few heartfelt thank yous....

A HUGE shout out to Betty T for her generous supply donation in support of our mission. STC received  a very large box filled to the brim with stamps, inks, papers, embellishments, fixatives, and projects.  These items are already being put to great use in our survivor bags.  Thank you Betty... always an Angel!

Love and thanks to all the wonderful women of Star Charities who worked so hard to support STC with a super fundraising event.  These hard working volunteers ensured that everyone had a fabulous time while supporting our worthy mission.  Star Charities presented STC with a check for $1500.00 from the event and I cried!  Check out some of these pictures I took of the event...

Finally, Thank you to my sister, Alderman Shirley Isbell for her $150.00 donation toward survivor bags for recently diagnosed survivors in her district. What a nice way to show true service to her constituents.

Now for the crafty stuff....

Happy Birthday to my grand daughter, Lila Grace "Gracie" who turned 2 on the 30th.  To help share in her celebration, I made this kitten card that I hope made her smile. The focal point was actually several separate stamps that I arranged together to form a little story of birthday sharing. I colored the images with Copic markers blending several shades to give texture to the fur of the animals. Cool blue and green were added around the outside of the images to create grounding and depth. She is "so sweet" and we hop she had a wonderful birthday!

Finally, an update....

As many of you know, my husband Greg has been battling throat cancer.  I am over joyed to share that he seems finally on the mend.  I praise God and all of you for this miracle!  AND my stomach is every so happy because this week he even felt well enough to start cooking for us again!!! Yeah!  Soon he will also be able to join us in eating his excellent cuisine.  Welcome back my love!!!!!

Well, that is it for today..but...if my luck holds, next post will be just as busy. :)  Blessings, Jeannette...

OH, PS, I almost forgot... Start thinking about signing up for my Art of Stamping Classes at Berea Festival Learnshops.  All my proceeds are donated to Stamp to Cope.  Check out our website for the registration links...  www.stamptocope.org.

1 comment: