Sunday, March 13, 2016

Catching up and Craft Fairs

Hello Everyone!

I hope this post finds everyone enjoying the beginnings of Spring! Hard to believe Easter is just around the corner.  As the title of this post suggests, there are a lot of things I want to share with you so please sit back, relax, and get caught up with me.

STC runs on an April 1 - March 31 fiscal year so this is the time I start collecting all types of information to share with the Board.  While I have not gotten all of my reports completed (you know I am a stretch to the due date kind of person), there are some statistics I thought you would find of interest.  Keeping in mind that I was in travel mode for my academic position 20 weeks in 2015, STC was still able to make a wonderful impact on our community.

Gave away 46 fully loaded tote bags to survivors (each bag has a retail value of $150).
Participated in 5 large community events getting our name/business card out to over 1500 people.
Donor sponsorship of our name on community Tshirts, band programs, archery team shirts, and a non-profit spotlight in several community newsletters.
Nominated as an Art Educator in the community.
Conducted Art Day workshop that impacted 3 local elementary schools
Provided volunteer support for Walk with the Arts in Madison County
AND....
Our Berea Festival of Learnshops proposal was accepted for 2016!!! This is our most critical fundraising event so a true blessing!

We are small but we are MIGHTY!!!!!



With the Spring comes another opportunity for STC to show case survivor art, fund raise, and reach out.....CRAFT FAIRS!!!.  In 2015, we tested out the options of attending Craft Fairs because we felt that such a venue would reach a segment of women who may not know we exist.  Imagine our excitement when I discovered that not only was it a great way to share our mission and outreach, it was a surprising source of fundraising as well.  For 2016, we have already been invited to three and the cards made by survivors are a big request.  I will post more information on our website and facebook pages so try and stop by.

Looking forward to a great year!  I love you all "berry much" and thank you for your continued support!

Blessings,
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment