Sunday, August 30, 2015

Summer Surprises

Greetings Bloggers!

Hope this post finds everyone enjoying the last days of August! Hard to believe that school has started, the weather is cooling, and the leaves are already turning color here in Berea, KY.  I wanted to give a quick update on the Stamp To Cope summer activities and share plans for Fall events.

But first, check out these cutie pie cards I made using my Fun Stampers Journey July Kit of the Month.  Now, granted, I did not follow the directions (no surprise if you know me), but I loved the bright colors and juicy inspiration.  The watermelon was stamped in black on to pink and green cardstock and then cut out and layered to make the rind stand out.  I also used crackle glue over the seeds to give them dimension.  The "sleeve" card used a seed stamp on pink cardstock that I scored so it wrapped around to make a pocket. Using the ant stamp reminded me of summer nights sitting on the deck with the children watching them get all sticky eating watermelon, spitting seeds into the yard, and attracting those little bugs. Fun Fun Fun :) What a neat way to end the summer.

Learnshop Update!!!!! 

As mentioned in previous posts, Stamp to Cope's participation in the Berea Learnshop event is our largest fundraiser of the year.  Every year the team gets better and better with set up, tear down, and outreach.  The 2015 event was the BEST ever!  We raised $1,880.00 and conducted technique workshops for 30 attendees! "But wait, there's more" (channeling my inner Billy Mays)... as a direct result of the workshops, and the attendees sharing the STC message, that same week we were contacted by 5 survivors requesting our services. In addition, one attendee made a substantial donation of craft supplies to go into the survivor totes!  What a wonderful program and a fabulous group of people!  A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped make it all happen!

Fall Events Coming

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so the preparation for Fall events has already been in the works.  A few things heading our way...

Women's Wellness Day - October 17 at Eastern Kentucky University
Berea Volunteer Fire and Rescue - Selling Breast Cancer Awareness Shirts 
City of Richmond, KY - Paint the Town Pink Event

Come out and join us for the fun!

Before I sign off, I wanted to share some personal good news! Our daughter, Carly, got engaged!  We are all very excited look forward to gaining a wonderful son (Jason).  I mention this on the blog because I volunteered to make the invitations!!! Stay tuned for the October post where I will share the final results! ;)

Thank you everyone for all that you do to support STC!  Have a blessed day!
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment