Sunday, July 12, 2015

Learnshops, Big Events, and Thank Yous...oh my!

Greetings Bloggers!

So many things happening for Stamp to Cope and for my family these past months that BLESSED does not even seem strong enough for this post of THANKSGIVING!!!  Sit back and relax as I get everyone caught up.....

STAMP TO COPE NEWS!!!!

Learnshops began yesterday and our fist class on Mixed Media Art Journaling was GREAT!  All of the four learnshops we are presenting are sold out with two exceeding the enrollment for which we planned.  This is our largest fundraising event and I couldn't be more pleased with the support.  Thanks to everyone at STC who helps make it possible. I forgot to take any photos yesterday of what the class created but I will be sure to get some for future posts.  I love seeing how the participants take the techniques in their own personal directions....some really beautiful works!

Card Commissions keep coming and I love the opportunity to fund raise and make something personal for peoples' special events. The card above was commissioned for a couple's 60th anniversary and it was such fun to make.  The floating picture of their wedding day actually spins and on the other side is a picture of the couple from 2015.  I covered the pictures on each side with a resin so it can be a keepsake without fading. The background was created by stamping a flourish in white in on blue cardstock and then highlighting random elements with glitter glue.  To add some dimension I popped up the panels slightly with double sided foam tape. Elegant and so much fun to create!


STC on Display at UK - For those of you who did not see the Facebook post in June, I had the chance to share the STC story through the above Mixed Media Art piece I created for the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center.  The piece, that I called Voyage, was featured during an event to honor cancer survivors and the university included a beautiful write up of STC.  Have received several inquiries into our program as a direct result and we have been able to establish an even greater presence in the area.



Thank you!  A huge shout out to my family for all the love and support over these last crazy travel and STC learnshop preparation months! Thanks to all the Texas Isbell's for taking such good care of me on my recent visit.

PERSONAL NEWS!!!

Over the years of this blog and certainly Stamp to Cope events, you have become acquainted with several members of my wonderful family.  From my husband, Greg, who carts things all over for us and you so strongly uplifted during his own battle with cancer, our son Joshua as he helps with the set up, pass around stuff, and take down of  workshops, and our daughter Carly, who creates along side to help or serves as STC photographer.  I frequently get emails or facebook messages asking that I keep you up-to-date on everyone.  I have been so honored to have such loving and supportive readers who care about STC but also care about me and my family.  So, I wanted to share some exciting news that we received on Friday!  Our baby girl, Carly, is now engaged! We are very excited for her and look forward to adding Jason to the family.  So happy for them!


Well that is it for now but stay tuned to Learnshop updates and the Berea Festival of Learnshop creative fun!!!!  Have a fabulous day!!!
love you all,
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment