Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pink Ribbons and Pumpkins!

Happy October everyone!!!

October is the BEST month because it hosts two of my very favorite things...  Breast Cancer Awareness events and Halloween (aka my birthday).  What's not to love :)  Needless to say, it is a very busy month for Stamp to Cope as we participate in awareness festivities around our service area. Here is a quick peek at our recent events...more updates coming soon.

Big thanks to my wonderful husband, Greg Jones, for helping at our table during Berea First Friday on the 7th. Great opportunity to spread the mission, fund raise, and, connect with survivors.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by.  Lots of love to all my survivor sisters to participated in Paint the Town Pink.

Pink Ribbons are not the only focus in October, we love Pumpkins too!  Had an opportunity to try out a new Artist Trading Stamp from Fun Stampers Journey  that I just love.
White embossed stamped image onto water color paper and tested a new water coloring technique that a friend of my described.  The trick for me seemed to be wetting the sections with clear water first and then lightly tapping in the color. I like out the "painting" came out but think I might prefer a black outline or plain gray ink without the emboss.  Big Happy Birthday shout out to Gailanna who advised she is proudly displaying this card on her refrigerator...love you.

Spread the word and share the mission!
Blessings,
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment