Monday, March 17, 2014

KY Gives and Stamp two ways

Happy St. Patrick's Day Bloggers!!

I could not pass up such a fun card making holiday without posting a little "bit o' luck" for St. Patrick's Day! However, since I seem to be hitting the blog only once a month lately (I do hope to be post more soon), I wanted to share some Easter joy too! Doing them together gave me a way to share how one background stamp and the same pattern sketch can produce very different looks... The secret...just change the color focus.

To create the background on both cards, I used a variety of gellato colors on a "plaid" stamp by Hero Arts. When sprayed with water, the gellato color melts to give a watercolor look (very popular).  I then found a matching ribbon and selected theme appropriate images for the focal points.  For the Easter card the egg colors were created with distress markers put right over the rubber stamp and then moistened before stamping. The colors were a perfect match for the plaid. For the St. Patty's Day card, I used waxed colored pencils to project depth and threw in some orange for my protestant roots :).  Hope you find your Irish today!

BIG NEWS!!!!  April 9th!!!  

Before I sign off, I wanted to share some exciting news for Stamp To Cope, Inc. for 2014.  We have been asked, once again, to participate in the 2014 Kentucky Gives Day schedule for April 9th!!.  This is a chance for KY Non-Profits to fundraise for 24 hours.  Please click on this link to learn more and support our mission!!!  Remember, April 9th click on the link and show the love!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
Jeannette



No comments:

Post a Comment