Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1 is soooo IMPORTANT!

Happy October 1 everybody!!!!!

This day is so super important in my world!!!  Why you ask?  Maybe you think it is an anniversary date of some kind....no.  Maybe you are thinking it is some significant milestone date I have set for myself....no.  Maybe some special event is happening today that I forgot to blog about...no.  It is so important because today, October 1, is the day my husband brings up my Halloween Clothes from storage!!!!!!
Do not be deceived...this tub is HUGE!  For those of you who do not know me as well, beginning October 1, I wear something Halloween related everyday until my birthday.  It all started when my sister Cookie (Shirley) purchased a very pretty Halloween sweater for me for my birthday. (I think I was about 19) However, that same year my mother also purchase a very pretty Halloween sweater for me for my birthday.  Well, as much as I love my sister, Moms trump sisters every time, so I wore the sweater from my Mom on the day. But that made me realize I have so much cool Halloween clothing that I can't get it all in on one day. Why am I limited to only the anniversary of my birth to celebrate my life?...I am not!  Every year since that moment of discovery, I begin my birthday preparations through my Halloween clothing display on October 1 so I can enjoy them all. In truth, sometimes I have to double up or I won't get everything warn before the month is over!  So keep an eye out for my wild display which started TODAY  :)!

Another great thing about October 1 is that it is the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!!!! Yay! This is a special time for all survivors and partners all over the world. Stamp to Cope, Inc. has several things planned to show support during the month and we encourage all of you to participate in some way.  A new thing we are going to try this year is something we are calling Survivors pARTy! The funds raised from our Power2Give matching gift event earlier in the year is the basis for our ability to reach out in this wonderfully creative manner.  Thanks to all who contributed.  Below is the information I have been circulating and I hope you will share the news with others....

October 19, 2013 – Saturday
1:00 – 4:00 – open house style
Berea Arts Council
116 N Main Street
Berea KY 40403

 STC is throwing a pARTy for Breast Cancer Survivors! Join us for an open house event at the Berea Arts Council on October 19, 2013 from 1 – 4pm.  The celebration will focus on the power of arts and crafts in the survivorship journey.  Join us for give-aways, snacks, projects, and color techniques. Hope to see you there! 


Coloring with pencils will be one of the technique stations we will be sharing with survivors during the pARTy.  To get prepared, I have been practicing up on my skills. Using these beautiful digital stamps created by Dina Kowal of dkDesign Studios, I have been practicing my contours, dimension, and shading using both wax and oil pencils. It is so relaxing and quite addicting.  

As you can see, now that I have my clothes, my colored pencils, and our pARTy plans started, October is off to a GREAT start!  I look forward to some super events to share with all of you!  

Blessings,
Jeannette

2 comments:

  1. You are just the coolest friend ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all the photos of you in your Halloween get-ups all month long. You wear it well and we are all so proud and happy to know and love you! Love, your sister, Cookie/Shirley

    ReplyDelete