Tuesday, November 27, 2012

CyberMonday?

Happy CyberMonday...kidding right?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! One day just isn't enough to reflect on all the blessings that have been bestowed.  However, it seems to be that even Thanksgiving gets shorter and shorter...

I don't know about you, but today my email was flooded with "CyberMonday" notifications.  Now don't get me wrong, I love a sale just as much as others but..really?  It was bad enough when Black Friday became so popular that planning the shopping strategy was happening around the Thanksgiving table. But then, even Thanksgiving Day itself  was infected under the excuse of pre-Black Friday (I couldn't believe it). Now CyberMonday has been added to extend the craziness even further and I am just overwhelmed. What will be next... Tinsel Tuesday or Way-to-spend Wednesday?  Is shopping intensity getting worse or is it just me? Is this really what it is all suppose to be about? Just saying...

On a lighter topic, I was asked to join an ATC club.  OK, I didn't know what that was so the group was happy to get me up to speed. ATC stands for Artist Trading Cards and they are created in the size of baseball trading cards.  The group selects a theme for the month and each member creates a set of trading cards to reflect the theme.  The set has to have the same number as the group and then we all trade.  The idea is to share tips and techniques in a sample that can be kept in trading card protector sheets for future creative inspiration. Take a look at mine....

The first set of themes were Halloween, Favorite Holiday, and Winter.  Since Halloween IS my favorite holiday I had to pick my second favorite..Easter.
Then we were tasked to do a Vintage Christmas so here is mine.
A few of the techniques used included, Copic Markers on Tin foil, heat embossing, ink resist using clear embossing, and patterned paper distressed with glitter.  I look forward to seeing what the other members of the group have created. This is going to be a very cool way to share ideas and stay inspired.

Thanks for your support and let's be Thankful always!
Jeannette


No comments:

Post a Comment