Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Flowers

Fall Greetings Everyone!
I am already freezing and pulling out blankets..yikes! However, this is a beautiful crisp and clear time of year and I look forward to all the festivities as we head into Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Halloween! There are a few fun things to share today and a HUGE shout out to one of our donors!  I am starting out with a new perspective on my effort at creativity! In working diligently to create cards and stamped jewelry for upcoming STC events, the appearance of lots of scrap pieces caught my eye.  Throwing them out was not an option (all you crafters out there know exactly what I mean). So, since we were already planning to visit our daughter, Carly, at college for her honor award and bringing flowers, I decided to make them myself! Some are stamped and colored items I did not use on cards, others are scraps punched but to thick for mailing and the butterfly was a matter of cutting, layering, making wire antennae from stem scraps, and adding jewel stones.  Lots of fun and she seemed to love them but likely I will stick with cards :)!
 Speaking of cards, I made this for my Grandson who turned 4 this month and started pre-school. Go little man! I love this stamp from Impression Obsessions and one of my favorite stamp designers, Gary Robertson. The stamp is a piece of art in itself and the fine detail makes such a beautiful focal point. The challenge for most beginning stampers, however, is coloring so many small spots.  Actually, you really do not need to color them by just changing the base ink color and working in monotone layering. But, I wanted to make the wagon pop so I stamped the image once for the focal point and once to cut out the wagon and give it dimension by adding it overtop with pop dots. The items in the wagon were from another stamp set by and I colored and cut them out gluing them inside. A fun fall picture for a great boy!

The grand finale of this post is a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Rita Whetzel for donating this FABULOUS box of stamps to STC to support our mission! Rita has blessed us with love, prayers, and supplies since the very beginning!  We cannot thank you enough and sincerely appreciate all that you do for STC!

Tune in next week when I share a little coloring medium comparison! Love to all and happy Fall!
Blessings, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment