Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TriFold Thanks

Hi all,  Hope this posts finds you enjoying the close of Summer and embracing  a new school year. Our daughter has returned to college and our son is beginning his second week in the 7th grade. Fun and exciting times for everyone!  At Stamp to Cope, we are wrapping up our Summer activities and preparing for Fall workshops and Breast Cancer Awareness events. 

As the school year begins, so do many clubs and organizations that took a break so families could go on vacation or focus on warm weather activities. Sending reminders and/or invitations to participants can be a great way to get the momentum going again. A favorite type of card is one that can be duplicated in bulk for just such an occasion.  However, designing something that is relatively easy to duplicate but still provide a WOW factor can be a challenge. So imagine my joy and surprise when a large box was delivered to my front door as I was pondering designs for a set of invitations I was asked to create. One of the participants from my stamping Learnshop in July sent a huge stack of trifold/precut card stock bases for our creative use. Thank you Maureen!!!!  This first project used distress stain rubbed directly onto the stamp for multiple colors of the flower and computer generated text for the invitation specifics. A ribbon was fastened to the back so it could be tied completely around the folded end product.  Of course, I couldn't stop there, I ended up creating about 10 different cards to put in our display at the Art Gallery.

Since masculine cards seem to be such a challenge for most of us, I wanted to share this next picture to show how I used the same card base but put a rustic spin.  

The card base was distress inked in brown and the use of sticky back canvas for the stamped clock faces added depth and texture. On the inside, I stamped the sentiment in brown ink and then put a mask over it before I stamped the click. I used Copic markers on the clock for a little pop of color. Coloring on canvas can be trick because of the texture and the bleeding of the inks. Do some testing on a scrap piece of canvas to determine what color medium you like best.

Thanks for reading and have a great week! 
Jeannette


No comments:

Post a Comment