Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spell It Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day All!

As a survivor, finding words of inspiration continues to be important.  As a stamper and card maker, finding the  perfect message to express makes all the difference.  I thought this quote summed it up perfectly....

"I asked God to let me enjoy all the good things in life.  He responded by giving me life so I could enjoy all good things."

This was such a wonderful reminder, that, I wanted to create something really unique for Valentine's Day to celebrate all good things.  I call it Spell it Valentine.  I learned this technique from the Splitcoast Stampers blog (www.splitcoaststampers.com) and thought I would give it a try. The letters were traced from a free template located on the site but I changed up the heart and used a doily which I inked to match the vintage paper collection used. The patterned letters were placed on a pre-scored 11 x 4 1/4 card stock and then I used scissors to cut free hand around the letters keeping enough of the score line for an easy accordion fold. When it folds up, it fits in an A2 envelope or you could even try making a matching envelope in a square shape.    What a great way to be clear on how you feel... I LOVE YOU HUSBAND!!!

As a Valentine Surprise to all of you, here is one more using the same papers but incorporating a unique pencil coloring technique...

For this card, I stamped the image using white chalk ink and let it dry.  After drying, I colored over the white with bright colored pencils.  It reminded me of the old "black light" posters that were popular when I was a child. A fun technique and coloring is always therapeutic.

Blessings for a fabulous Valentines and be sure to enjoy all the good things in life.
Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment