Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shading Bamboo

Greetings all!  I am excited to start off this blog message with some great news for Stamp To Cope (STC)... We have been asked to display sets of our cards in the Berea Art Gallery.  This is a wonderful opportunity for us to raise awareness of our organization and get the word out to Breast Cancer Survivors who visit the gallery.  In addition, anyone who donates to STC can take a card home with them.  Over the next weeks, I will be looking into display options and getting themed card sets completed. With the holidays just around the corner, this could be quite a spring board for us.

Another awareness project in the works is a request from the Berea Woman's Club for me to create invitations for the welcome baskets put out by the local Welcome Wagon organization. STC will be able to put our "hand made by" information, including website on each invite.  It is estimated that we could reach 200 new households with this effort.

These two wonderful opportunities inspired me to focus this week on trying something new...drawing and using a variety of color options. For the bamboo, I tried my hand at drawing my own version using a pencil to surface method and then going over the drawing with ink.  I then used only one shade of green but used a light or heavy hand for depth of color. I used a paint brush with a small tip to give me more control of the color. The shadow around the bamboo was made with a brown aqua crayon and then I inked a bright color around the edges.  Give using a variety of coloring options in one project a try...it was messy but lots of fun.

Have a great week! Blessings, Jeannette

2 comments: