Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June...Family Birthday Month

Hello Everyone!  Happy Monday.  When I was preparing for today's blog, I had everything planned out to focus my thoughts on the topic of Father's Day.  I spent time this weekend making Father's Day cards and pondering the wonderful role of Fathers.  As I began to type and upload the photos, it dawned on me that my husband reads my blog (thank you, my love, for your continued support) and he would see the card I made him before the actual day.  I deleted what I had written and decided that this week I would remind everyone to thank those men in their lives that serve in father roles and then pay tribute to them next week...So, don't forget to thank those wonderful men in your life on June 19th!

Of course, this change of plans then required me to revisit my creative week to see what else emerged. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I made more family birthday cards this weekend then I have in quite some time.  I pulled out my birthday calendar (you know we all have one of those) and sure enough there are more birthdays in June in my family than any other month.  I am very thankful for all of my family and enjoy making cards for them but I guess I never really paid attention to how they are clustered. Summer is so busy with graduations, end of school, weddings, vacations, and finding ways to keep the children busy that June birthdays seem to get over shadowed. But not anymore...I went back and added extra bling, extra color, and extra special sentiments in celebration!  Happy Birthday all you June babies!

Blessings, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment