Monday, May 9, 2011

LWML Lilies of the Field

Greetings all and Happy Monday,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Our family truly had a treat this weekend with the arrival of Angela, an exchange student from Hong Kong.  We are so excited to have her with us and I thank her family for sharing her. Welcome Angela!

As I mentioned in a previous post, Stamp to Cope, Inc. will be having its annual Board of Directors meeting at the end of May.  Part of the event is to present a community service workshop for breast cancer survivors and their partners.  To support this workshop, the LWML Lilies of the Field, Cabot, AK chapter provided a most gracious and generous donation.  What a fabulous organization and group of women.  As a small token of our thanks, I created this Iris card (in hind sight I probably should have made a Lilies card :)) with the hopes of expressing at least some portion of our gratitude.  The Iris was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then I colored the flower with Copic markers blending various shades to get depth. Using die cuts, embossing folders, and layering added the textures. Thank you ladies for your support.

Wednesday of this week, I will be on-site at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Lexington, KY sharing the mission of STC and conducting a survivors workshop.  I look forward to sharing the highlights of that event next week.  Have a wonderful week.

Blessings, Jeannette

1 comment:

  1. The Iris is one of my favorite flowers. The card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete