Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Yet?

Greetings, As we begin the month of March, Spring finally seems possible :). I know I am not quite safe yet from sneaky winter, but when I look out the window and see my mums starting to peak out I have hope. Afterall, these delicate looking plants have taken on the harshness of the cold and still manage to struggle through the earth to pop up and thrive. Talk about hidden strength, hope, and perseverance--reminds me of survivors :)! To keep with the "pop up" feeling, I created this card that has a little spring surprise.

The flower was stamped on white card stock, colored with Copic Markers and then inked around the perimeter for a more distressed look. I then took a craft knife and made random circular cuts with a pull string in the center. On a yellow piece of card stock, I stamped several butterflies in bright colors. Using scoretape around the edges of the focal piece the flower was attached to the yellow cardstock so the circle cuts rest over top of the butterflies. When you pull the string, it opens up and you can see the image underneath. These two pieces were then attached to a brown card base. The ribbon brings all the colors together.

Try making it for yourself and have a wonderful week. Blessings, Jeannette
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment