Thursday, February 24, 2011

Get Well Flowers and Patterned Balloons

Happy Thursday!  A special surprise for today and tomorrow, I will be sharing two cards each post--I was having so much fun creating that I kept on going :). Enjoy!

One of my colleagues was newly diagnosed so I wanted to send something that would be fun and cheery. By selecting bright bold colors and the Solid Flower Stamp I was able to use the emboss/resist technique.  First, I stamped the Get Well Soon stamp randomly on a piece of bright yellow card stock.  Then, I stamped the Solid Flower with VersaMark ink and clear embossed.  I then covered the whole piece with green ink.  After I inked the piece, I rubbed over the embossed flower portion with a paper towel to collect the extra ink and POP the words show through.  Adding the orange brads and pink ribbon seemed to bring it all together with the matching paper. 

I have always like balloons and loved how the movie UP seemed to bring them back in style and purpose.  By adding the Balloon Cluster stamp to our kit, the potential of balloons to bring joy and happiness has expanded even further.  For this card, I used two fun techniques.  If you look closely on the blue background, you will see the Party Hats stamp from the set embossed in the same color.  This is called tone-on-tone embossing and adds a little shin and shimmer to the card.  The tone-on-tone technique is wonderful for wedding, shower, and baby cards as well.  The second technique I used involved stamping the Balloon Cluster on the white card stock (in this case two times) and then stamping it again on printed paper (in this case two different printed papers).  By cutting out the balloon shape on the printed paper (not the string portion) and then gluing it onto the card stock, it gives the balloons a variety of colors.  This technique is also great for stamps that include clothing, animals, and other open images.  The Happy Birthday stamp is also part of the set and it is used here as a label.

Hope you enjoyed today's selection.  Check back tomorrow for the final set of samples.
Blessings, Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment